Colour data for M81/M82 and Saturn

May 11, 2012  •  Leave a Comment

I started out tonight taking a quick look at the collimation on my C14, and found it to be quite far off with a simple star test.  I spent a little time trying to hone the collimation in a bit, and although not perfect, it's certainly an improvement over before.

Following the recollimation, I thought I'd give imaging Saturn a quick shot, as its been quite a few years since I've done it, and certainly not since getting the new camera.  I used Fire Capture (also for the first time) and am quite pleased with what I was able to do with a very quick and simple focus and imaging run.

After enjoying Saturn for a little while, I set up my imaging run for RBG on M81/M82.  Its underway now, and I should be able to capture at least 2 of the three channels.. I just now noticed that I set up 10 exposures of 5min each, instead of 5 of 5.


Comments

No comments posted.
Loading...

Keywords
Archive
January (1) February (4) March (1) April May (2) June (1) July August (1) September (1) October November December
January February March April May (1) June July August September October November December
January February March April May June July (2) August (1) September (1) October November (1) December (1)
January February (1) March April (1) May June July August September October (1) November December
January February March April May June (1) July August September October November December