Last night it seems as though I spent more time fighting issues than I did imaging. I went out to the observatory around 9p, and for some reason the mount wouldn't communicate with the computer. I couldn't get TeleAPI settings to open to confirm that it was using the correct ASCOM driver, so switched to ASCOM Telescope Driver. After many computer reboots and power cycles of the mount and hub, things finally got talking, around 10p.
I set up an imaging run of M81 and M82, when the 2nd issue occurred... CCDAutopilot 5 wouldn't talk to the focuser.. it kept saying it wasn't connected, when it clearly was. After some quick troubleshooting (changing cables) and googling, I discovered that FocusMax needs to be running and connected BEFORE running CCDAP, or else it kicks the error. I finally got imaging around 10:30, and by midnight, high clouds had rolled in and foiled my tracking. After going out to try to check things out, I discovered that the mount was again not talking, and Maxim had become unresponsive.
What followed was more fiddling with USB, because the mount wouldn't talk to the computer again. Reboot, power cycle, reboot, powercycle, and things finally started working again. By this point it was late, and I figured I might as well go to bed.
Not a lot accomplished last night.. although I did manage 11x5min of M81/M82 area, and have decided to replace my USB hub, and delete/reinstall the observatory computers USB drivers to see whether that helps.