Complete 180

July 07, 2018

So, after having a terrible night last night and struggling with Maxim for hours, I went to bed at 4a and came across someone who has having the exact same issue as I was.  He was also trying to connect to his SBIG, and was getting the 1001 error... fortunately, there was a solution posted in the forum.  I installed the new DLL this afternoon, and it worked.  And with that, everything else fell into place.

Tonight, everything except the autoguider worked well.  My CCD still loses power occasionally, from a bad connector I think, but that can be fixed.  The scope pointed where it should, astrometric pinpointing worked, plate solving worked, FocusMax worked, and most importantly, I could image with Maxim.

All-in-all, it was actually a really nice night.  I took about 10 images of the Eagle Nebula, and another 5 subs of the Trifid Nebula.  I tried a galaxy over near M51, but the subs look pretty bad without guiding working in that part of the sky.

Sky meter was 19.79 at 16C


Keywords
Archive
January (1) February (4) March (1) April May (2) June (1) July August (1) September (1) October November December
January February March April May (1) June July August September October November December
January February March April May June July (2) August (1) September (1) October November (1) December (1)
January February (1) March April (1) May June July August September October (1) November December
January February March April May June (1) July August September October November December
January February March April May June July (2) August September October November December