I did a little bit more imaging tonight. I bought a 2nd hand SBIG ST-8300C which arrived today, and as luck would have it, it was clear tonight. Getting the camera up and running was really easy, unlike the issues I had with the old QHY 9M. First impressions of the camera are good though.. it cools down quickly and doesn't seem too noisy. It'll be interesting to see how it works out with dark frames and proper focusing.
After getting the camera up and running, I did a quick polar align with PemPro. I'm under 2 arc minutes in both directions, however still can only go 30-60sec without guiding before trails show up on images with the 98FLT. I'll have to take a look at my PEC.. maybe that's messing things up somehow.
I have plate solving working again, but manually focusing is a pain, so I'll have to get that all hooked up soon. To do that effectively though I'll have to make the mounting bar for the dew heater and such up on the scope.
One thing I did discover is that my Orion Starshoot Autoguider either doesn't work, or doesn't work with Windows 8. It seems as though other people have a similar problem with it, but I'll have to find some solution. PHD supports my QHY5L-II so I may go that route.. otherwise I'll find a camera that is specifically supported by Maxim.
I think my long mounting bar should be arriving tomorrow, so I'll finally be able to get all 4 scopes on the mount and set up. Balancing will be a pain, but once it's all set up and running smoothly, it'll be worth it.