Setting Everything Back Up

July 04, 2015  •  Leave a Comment

Well, this is my first real time using the observatory since we've moved home after the fire.  Things are just barely up and running.. the C14 isn't mounted yet, the mount isn't polar aligned, and only some of the software is running, but I've been itching to use the scope, so I thought I'd give it a try.

It was a nice night out under the stars.  Despite the lack of polar alignment, the scope worked well, if inaccurate in its pointing.  The QHY5LII-M worked alright (the driver still hangs a lot), and I had a chance to try the Mallincam SkyRaider DSC I picked up at AstroCATS.  All-in-all I'm not impressed with it yet.. it does capture images, but they're really, REALLY noisy.  Hopefully it's just something I don't know how to deal with yet.

I also tried to use my Nikon D5300, but Maxim DL doesn't recognize it for some reason.. I'll have to open a support ticket with that.

All in all though, I'm happy to have gone out.


Comments

No comments posted.
Loading...

Keywords
Archive
January (1) February (4) March (1) April May (2) June (1) July August (1) September (1) October November December
January February March April May (1) June July August September October November December
January February March April May June July (2) August (1) September (1) October November (1) December (1)
January February (1) March April (1) May June July August September October (1) November December
January February March April May June (1) July August September October November December